About The Pilates Body Mat Classes
Joseph Pilates first defined his series of 34 specific exercises to be performed individually, on a mat, without aid or assistance from any machinery or equipment. In his words:
“It is the conscious control of all muscular movements of the body. It is the correct utilization and application of the leverage principles afforded by the bones comprising the skeletal framework of the body, a complete knowledge of the mechanism of the body, and a full understanding of the principles of equilibrium and gravity as applied to the movements of the body in motion, at rest and in sleep.”
- We teach BASI and/or STOTT PILATES matwork for an intense, fun hour of challenging mat repertoire
- Builds strength, flexibility and endurance and corrects posture.
- Mat classes are programmed for a general group and are not recommended for those requiring special modifications due to injury.
- Mat classes are a progression of both learning repertoire and physical conditioning. New clients are required to take one or more mat private sessions in order to be able to participate in the mat class at the class level. See packages below.
- Classes are limited to 5-6 people for personal attention
No perfume or fragrance please!
Mat Class Rates – Maximum 6 People Per Class
Single class (drop-in fee) – $35.00
5 classes – $150
10 classes – $275
Mat Private Session Rates
Single session – $65
Three Mat Private sessions – $175
(special offer for participation in mat classes. One-time purchase only)
We accept cash/check only. 24-hour cancellation notice required to avoid full class charge.
Contact us today if you are interested in taking our Pilates Mat classes!